You may not realize it yet but you already run a business: your own life. Whether you manage your life consciously or unconsciously, and whether you like it or not, you are responsible for the end result. So you better make up your mind: do you want to have a successful life or an average life? Do you want to control your own life or is life, and the event and people in it, controlling you?
Entrepreneurship doesn’t limit itself to businesses only; it applies to our private lives as well. In a sense everyone is an entrepreneur. Successful business owners have one thing in common. They take charge and have a clear vision and goal on what they want to do with their business. Can you honestly say you do the same with your life? How much have you invested in a successful life?
Most articles on this blog are meant to help you with creating the life you want. You may not agree with everything I say, but at least I hope you start thinking about the things you really want and get out of life: the things that are important to you. Start thinking for yourself; make up your own mind. This is the first step towards conscious living.
Below you can find 11 essentials to help you with living the life you want. To be successful and how to be an entrepreneur and run your life as a business:
- Take responsibility. Take charge over your own life. Stop blaming others and take control over your life. Stop being a victim.
- Have a millionaire mindset. There is nothing wrong with making money. See: why I don’t believe that money is the root of all evil. Run your life with the intention to make a profit. Only when you make money you can do something good with it.
- Be optimistic. Have a positive mindset; this will set the right tone for your life. See: use the power of positive thinking to change your life.
- Play to win. See life as one big game. Enjoy every minute of it.
- Take risks. You will only get ahead in life if you take some risks. Risks are part of life. Not taking risks is a risk itself as you may not see the right opportunity when it presents itself.
- Embrace change, do not resist it and see it as an opportunity. Nothing stays the same, change is part of life. See: embrace change: a blessing in disguise.
- Know what it takes to be successful. If you want to be successful and want to achieve something you need to put in the effort. In one of my previous articles the formula for success I said that Success = Passion + Talent + Effort. I don’t think there is much difference in running a business or our private lives. The formula fits both.
- Prioritize on what is important and what is not. Manage your time effectively and simplify your life.
- Promote yourself. You cannot be successful without letting people know you exist. Market your brand.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it.
- And finally: Don’t be afraid of success. See my article celebrate your success and don’t be afraid of it
Interesting article although having read this straight after the article on perfectionism I have to say that some points are slightly conflicting. Both are fascinating articles and I think that in general you can apply the concepts from each post in a balanced and effective way.